- Form planning group
- Decide which election(s) you will feature
- Research who the candidates are in your area
- Decide on a format / platform
- Set date, time and venue
- Invite candidates and chase up responses
- Find your a) chair and b) online meeting coordinator
- Publicise event (registration page, invitation link etc) and ask for question submissions
- Have a practice run and technical rehearsal
We would love to know how you decided to hold your event, who attended, what questions were asked and especially if you tried a new kind of format for engagement.
Send us pictures too (with the permission of those involved).
We also would like to know how this guidance was useful and what should be added or changed for future publications.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments please write to Gethin Rhys firstname.lastname@example.org
Article updated February 2021 by Meg Read and Rodney Coker